Arcinova operates a modern, 15,000m2 facility on a 34-acre site in Alnwick, UK. Benefiting from 34 years of growth and investment both as a services company and as a key research and development centre for a global pharmaceutical company, we have the scope and quality of equipment to support you from pre-clinical development through to market.
We have an excellent staff capability and experience at Arcinova and a first-class regulatory compliance record. Located 35 miles north of Newcastle upon Tyne – an area with significant Life Sciences activity, companies and research, with more than 6,000 employees and combined turnover of more than £1.5 billion – we benefit from excellent air, road and rail links.
Find Out More
Our state of the art facility includes the following capabilities:
- Biohazard / Biosafety Level 2 and Level 3 laboratories
- Scale-up capabilities to multi-kilo
- Inactinic laboratories for handling UV light sensitive materials
- Synthetic and isotope chemistry laboratories
- GMP facility licenced for oral and IV product manufacture
- Fully equipped microbiology suite including sterility testing utilities
- Stability chambers in compliance with ICH requirements
- Environmental conditions continuously monitored via an EMS system
- Wide range of analytical, materials science, spectroscopic, bioanalytical and synthetic equipment supported by modern software